Wednesday 6 March 2013

PSC Panzers

Finally managed to make a start on the box of PSC Panzer IVs.  I'm going to make the 'H' version, as it was common during the Normandy campaign and after.  So far they've had a spray of German Armour whilst on the sprue and I've assembled the turrets and main hull.  They'll get a second spray coat (when the weather outside clears up a bit!) then I'll make a start on camo before assembling the tracks and schurtzen.


I'm not planning on doing a detailed review, others have already done far too good a job of that for me to try and follow.  I will just say however, that they are a delight to assemble.  Apart from one turret side hatch (where the recess is too small and needs a little trimming), everything fits together beautifully, some parts not even really needing gluing.

One question though, do I hand-paint the camo?  Or do I try breaking out the airbrush (which I've never been that confident using)?


7 comments:

  1. Looking good so far.
    I'd go for hand painted camo, but then I've never owned or used an airbrush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be a devil and try the airbrush, you can always repaint. Keep us informed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see them all toghether like that, I wish I was as good at building them a year ago as you are right now.

    Very nice kit, have a blast!
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. I see you solved the riddle of the filzbalgfilter...

    Cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that's the exhaust/filter thingy on the right hand side of the hull! Instructions might have been useful, in the end I copied other, more informed bloggers' work!

      Delete
  5. Those are nice kits :)
    I second Paul. Try the airbrush. Layers are so thin that a repaint shouldn't be a problem!
    Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the consensus us to try the airbrush, better try and find it in the loft then!

    ReplyDelete